Friday, January 26, 2007

Words that sustain

Jamming with Caddick Tuesday night, was moved to recall the songs that have kept me on my walk since this time last year. Thought I'd share them with you - poetry and truth are a potent mix.


    • I've given like a beggar and lived like the rich
      crafted myself a more comfortable cross
      Yet what I am called to is deeper than this,
      It's time you had my whole life
    • Reach out your hand to save me where I've have fallen down
      And in your grace, O Saviour lift me from this place
    • Your beauty and your majesty are far beyond compare
      You've won my heart now this will be my prayer
      Take the world but give me Jesus
      You're the treasure in this life
      For time and for eternity I know I'm in your care
      You've won my heart now this will be my prayer
    • When satan tempts me to despair and tells me of the guilt within
      upward I look and see Him there, who made an end to all my sin
      Because the sinless Saviour died, my sinful soul is counted free
      For God the just is satisfied, to look on Him and pardon me
    • Long my imprisoned spirit lay
      fast bound in sin and nature's plight
      Thine eye diffused a quickening ray
      I rose, the dungeon filled with light
      My chains fell off, my heart was free
      I rose, went forth, and followed thee.

No comments: