Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Silhouettes and fake charades

Well I feel I have disappointed the blogosphere by not writing as much as I usually do, and also by not writing anything very interesting. Or least not thinking that I have which is part of the reason for doing it in the first place.

It seems to have been a bit of a period of change for a lot of people round me – Dan is miles away, Becky less miles away, Tom soon to be miles away, Martin miles away but reducing as we speak, sister miles away. So for some life is entering into a new period - another Marsh married, an extra Cotton in the world and one less McCoy, a smaller new Marsh and new Sopwith on the way- but for me things are progressing nicely along the same familiar routes.

I have been appointed as a non-exec director to the ECCR which is more exciting than the website would portray. I also might be becoming one of the trustees of my Dad’s new charity. So some people clearly think I am capable of rational thought and analysis in addition to helpful and insightful comment and criticism. God help them – literally.

I just want to be honest with you, though. These kind of things appeal to my vanity much more than the whole lead worshipper thing (which also presents issues, but I’m getting more used what I have to do to deal with them). In the same breath I see these things as answers to prayer about where my life was heading and what God needed me to be doing.

But above all else currently I am concerned with what I am becoming. I bear the image of God, but I want to be transformed into the likeness of Christ. And not how I perceive Christ to be but how He really is in Himself.

No comments: