Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The foolish things I do

I just had a phone call through from reception; there's four parcels for you , Matt.

Matt goes and is presented with four parcels weighing lots, stacking about a metre high.

See, Matt foolishly regarded himself to be at a loose end before Christmas and applied to be on Imperial's Distance Learning Programme for 2007. Matt's work are paying. Matt has now realised that they now expect him to absorb this metre squared of ecological and sustainability knowledge in the next 18 months and pass exams to prove he did it.

My first priority (as I switch effortlessly from the third person) is to get the materials up the hill in the worst snow fall since the last one. . . Continual learning is a worthy aim - just not quite sure my life has the room for it. Sure God knows what he's doing, if I'm to save the world from all its ills I need to persuade myself and others of the changes that are required.

M

No comments: