Friday, March 03, 2006

A gift

My Nana died three months ago.

Just this weekend I was given a gift by my grandad who survives her, of her
everyday bible.

I have been turning the pages, and all her little notes fell out - well, it
was astounding. The best way I can describe my current situation is summed
by her words at the top of this entry - my winter is a mild one.

" ... for quite a while I felt my prayers weren't flowing truly from the
Spirit, and I've had quite a low time. The Lord has not deserted me, but
I've felt quite isolated and alone. i would wake up and fel a heaviness
which seemed to last all day .... although the Lord was still using me (in
marriage counselling) I felt very lonely, insecure and very sorry for
myself.

"Today I was led to think back over my life and note down the good and bad
things, and I could see that the times I was being used to the greatest
effect were when I was in this isolated position. This made me realise that
i hadn't seen the HOPE in the desert situationm, that in God's creation
winter is always followed by spring.

"So that's the hope from the desert - the winter time may be lonely hard and
unhappy, but we must look ahead in HOPE knowing spring is waiting for us.

God is at work in the winter times; spring will burst soon.

Matt

<html><DIV>

No comments: