Monday, June 05, 2006

I love church

Pretty straight forward 'blog this.

I did something that was potentially difficult, and in fact turned out to be difficult, but felt I wanted to support someone else who has helped me out on numerous occasions.

And that person did a great job.

Sam , you were spot on.

Philippians 2:3 (New International Version)

3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

I love that church is the place where selfish agendas should dissolve. I felt very rubbish this morning until I reminded myself that worship comes in any triumph of the will to serve God over circumstance. You know what? God LOVES costly worship. And you can't out give the giver of life.

I could have very easily stayed in last night feeling pants. But I felt god nudging me to go - so I went, and had the privilege of leading people into God's presence, and then the really amazing chance to just bless one of my housemates when he was being prayed for by Tim.

If only I could learn this lesson ...

'O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bare  .... all because we do not carry evrythign to God in prayer'

No comments: