Friday, June 02, 2006

I'm mature honest

Just keep me distracted and I�m OK. I don�t want to engage with the pain right now. Marx claimed that religion was the opiate of the masses. These days I wish it were that simple � I think technologies as they stand today promote isolationism and self centredness. You�re bored? You shouldn�t EVER be bored! Go buy something, go hire someone �

One of the truest definitions of sin is humani incurvatus se (apologies I only got a B in latin) meaning humanity turned in on itself. Our iPod PS2 myspace blogging dominated world can risk promoting that.

I feel like I�ve grown up a lot. I feel much more like a twentysomething rather than a graduate � and it�s a nice feeling. I never bloody liked Uno anyway. I like coffee and dinner and drinks and meeting with friends who make you laugh and having massive discussions about everything. I like going places and doing things and reading things and writing things. My friendship group has shifted too � I�m often the youngest now. I�ve had countless moments over the last 4 months where people have said "24? You�re 24??" and I think they meant it in a good way.

So bring on the baldness. Bring on the pension. Bring on life. BRING IT ON!

4 comments:

Roberto said...

"I never bloody liked Uno anyway"

!? It's a great game!

Jammin said...

Entertainment is the opiate of the masses. Just like in the Roman Empire. So there.

What brought this about?

MattCrossman said...

I wish I knew benny boy. I guess it was a comment on arching between two different age groups. Every body puts up with other poeple's crazy when they want to be friends with them . Every human relaitonship tends toward hiding what you are really like.

Some poeple like Uno. Others don't. Other's pretend they do to fit in.

Like the whole of life.

Thank God you cn be real with God. he really does know you - all of you, and he loves you. Wow

Jammin said...

Benny who?