Monday, June 19, 2006

read this and nearly choked

http://www.christianitytoday.com/bcl/areas/smallgroup/articles/061406.html
This has to be the most condescending piece of drivel I've heard for a long while.

Among the most heanous of assumptions made in this article has to be this
Singles in general tend to look out for what's best for themselves and are often not concerned with how those choices affect their lives, or anyone else's.


Turns out singles are human ....

then this :


I love those crazy-messed-up singles ...


yeah. we're all messed up. i don't know any married poeple with porblems. heck I've NEVER even heard of a married christian having an affair, for exmaple, or cheating their partner out of money.

No - it appears that we singles have a lot to answer, being the root of all the problems within church. I guess we should all just sit at home doing the ironing waiting to be married when we'll finally be adjusted enough to relate to normal people.

What utter disgraceful nonsense.

Matt

5 comments:

MattCrossman said...

I guess I should probably relax, right?

Roberto said...

Lol

"I love those crazy-messed-up singles ..." Don't you suppose that was meant to be ironic?

Roberto said...

Lol

"I love those crazy-messed-up singles ..." Don't you suppose that was meant to be ironic?

MattCrossman said...

read the article - yes it's ironic, but its also an incredibly condescending and patronising thing to say.

lIke 'og you crazy kids, with your selfish ambitions.

im still angered by this. lol

Jammin said...

I completely agree with you, Matt. Pseudo-religious, abstract, unrealistic and poorly informed musings like this drive me up the wall. What is it doing on paper? I can't believe they published such a narrow-minded (and poorly structured)... well... train of thought, I suppose. IMHO, this guy should keep them to himself. End of rant.