Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Repete; numero un, b

I usually try and avoid the kind of 'blog entry which gives minutiae regarding the weekend's activities. 'Cos for some readers it's just dull, especially those who weren't there.

For this blog I will attempt to avoid such banalities. i will begin with quoting a line from a much maligned manchester band.

"I swing from high to deep, extremes of sweet and sour"

I have yet to find a better line to describe what my life feels like over a period of about 7 days. Sunday was in many ways a very special day for me - we went over to lead worship at a church in Bath. After narrowly avoiding missing Jay, we lead the service and it was great - such lovely welcoming people, and ministry time was fantastic. PLus after the service it turns out we did a great job for which they were very grateful. PLUS plus I met claire Miller's gran ....!

I then went home and felt really ok with the world. Home to an empty house. Bliss. Music on, chocolate cake and a book. Then like 20 poeple show up, so it's off to the park to thow mini american footballs around. I felt shattered. Went home and slept. Got up. went to church.

Now reherearsal was very hard. I broke a string. I found it hard to communicate what i wanted. During the night I broke ANOTHER string (these were brand new on friday) and went out of tune. i then lasted 15 minutes at the elbow rooms before abandoning Samm and running home to bed.

In short I went from good mood to bad mood .

Why?

Nothing changed, nothing really. If anything I should have been over the moon - both services went well, two of my good friends got engaged (finally) to their respective ladies - it was all so sweet.

Mes modes s'ont fragile commes les bulles. I'm just weird, me.

No comments: