Friday, July 21, 2006

I may be sometime ...

Appreciate all of y’all’s prayers next week. God has been providing for me all over the place – like my boss giving me three days off as paid leave for community work after being flyered at Christ Church – and I’m getting nicely excited at the prospect and the privilege of leading the LBF crew into God’s presence to thank and enjoy him for He has done and yet to do.

Every morning I will be leading some worship with Hannah Atkins alongside Philip Jinadu speaking in the big top. Should be awesome.

Anways – I’ll be living with Caddick and James at their pad in south Bristol for the week, which will be very cool, again another unexpected blessing.

However, I am in the middle of a bit of slump in motivation and productivity, I really don’t feel on it at all. I’m trying to settle down in my life, but something in me is screaming for new things, to move on and face new challenges.

Although I feel that to stick things out for another chunk of time in Bristol is actually the mature thing to do. It might be hard, and there are certainly more exciting things to go and do, and easier ways to deal with ongoing fractured relationships. But I feel God is calling me to trust in him no matter what; Jesus is the Pearl, I keep reminding myself. God didn’t promise me a nice job and nice friends and a role in church in exchange for my loyalty. He offers me the pearl of great price if I ‘liquidate my assets ‘ for Him. I need the joy of my salvation restored to me. Above all else I feel there is work yet to do, and a Matt shaped hole in the Kingdom work in this city. I have the loving support of some fantastic leaders and mentors who I trust – and I feel looked after and challenged constantly. I remind myself it hasn’t always been this way in my life, and I am very grateful.

Its probably a sign of my discomfort and desire to run away that I’m not really abounding in love or good works just at the minute. Hopefully next week will change that.

Final word: Giving thanks is a worthy thing to be looking to do all the time – thanksgiving and gratitude are the soil in which pride does not easily grow.

Word to ur muthas and bruvas

1 comment:

Ro said...

Hey Matt !

I may be going to be fairly far away from Bristol next week, but I'll definitely be thinking of and holding you in my prayers - you and all the others involved in Love Bristol. Look forward to hearing about how the week went when I get back.
Ro
xx