Friday, July 14, 2006

Venting: Pros and Cons

I have been in some proper moods with myself this week. Letting myself and God down fairly regularly, then suddenly being graciously lifted. It's all very odd.

Anyways - I vented my frustrations at myself at others. Firstly some music friends , then over at the Kollektiv.

The thing is, I don't really regret it. I've been superficially dealing with some stuff that runs deep - this way has exposed those things to the light.

I was praying and worshipping with Marts yesterday - which has been a quality little God initiated thing in any case - and before he came round I don’t think my bedroom curtains had been open in a week or so, and my room was a state.

So I tidied up and let the gorgeous evening sun in, and we had a quality time just looking to God and sharing our hopes and fears. But it was an image of what God wants to do in my heart - pull back the curtains, let the light in and He'll inspire you to do some tidying up. My room has too often been the place of secrecy; whilst everyone needs time and space to themselves, more hours than not have been spent in there just doing nothing feeling low.

Two things to finish; read James 1 this morning. Perseverance must finish its work in you, a very timely reminder. Secondly , God is not in the business of crushing people. A bruised reed He will not crush and smouldering wick he will not snuff out. Actually, a broken heart and a contrite spirit are the sacrifices of God.

Bless you my brethren; Biscuits are proof that god our Father loves us and has given us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope.

M

No comments: