Monday, July 31, 2006

LBF ramblings part one

It always was going to be an interesting week – though I guess I never fully expected anything other than to be joining in with what God was doing, and to be grateful for whatever part I was invited to play.

I reckon this week has been a significant one for me personally – particularly on Thursday when I felt very very looked after and cared for by God. I literally couldn’t go anywhere that day without people wanting to pray for and with me for a few things.

Leading in the mornings was just an amazing privilege - and thank goodness that temperatures fell from their peak on Wednesday: we don’t need 1m wide pools of sweat at our feet every time we lead worship thank you very much. Things really peaked on Saturday morning with some facedown humbling before Jesus going on, and I reckon that people were linking the faithfulness God was showing out in the streets to what they experience personally. Result: very easy to lead people in worship. Pride is the biggest thing that stops us worshipping God, and gratitude is the soil in which pride cannot easily grow.

On the pride thing – needed to hear that message Thursday night. What things in your life god is asking you to do is your pride stopping you doing? Woh. Prayed that God would show me what I needed to do as I laid down my pride and asked him in again, and my phone rang RIGHT then with someone I REALLY needed to be honest with, just before they flew to Bolivia for a month. Awesome.

You know what? God loves it when we give stuff away. Its not ours, after all. We’re not called to hoard kingdom things for ourselves. On Saturday yfriday were leading worship – 7 years ago a me with much more hair and only two months guitar experience was asked to lead one song in the middle of a seminar by Yfriday – the first time I ever lead worship anywhere. And seven years later I’m leading at the same festival; God is just incredible! Big up to Ken for inspiring me in the way these things should be; our success is judged by our successors.

Word and shout out to Shon who continues to amaze me with his dedication and sacrifice in the hardest time.

I really think working together has brought us fuse peeps closer,

I sensed something for the longterm on the way home last night – I felt something of a stranger in my own neck of the woods. Hmm. Maybe some late night driving and praying is needed.

Matt

3 comments:

Marts said...

maybe some tea and biscuits will give you some further direction from the Lord?

Sarah Bainbridge said...

mmmm biscuits.

hmm anyway...sounds amazing matt - i loved what i saw at LBF - though was gutted couldn't make it there more often.

It's all God. wow.

MattCrossman said...

so you're no longer blogging as Sarah?

I saw your mum a few times, big up mrs bainbridge!