Monday, July 10, 2006

Weekend always get me thinking

A wise man once said that you should act your shoe size and not your age.

I am feeling a little off about my age just now - see the Kollektiv for details - but suffice it to say that I seem to have acquired some qualities and roles of someone a bit older than me.

Which begs the question - where have all the qualities of Matt the 24 year old come from if Matt the 29 year old is what people EXPECT me to be when they meet me? Do poeple have an idealised notion of themselves and others which dictates their expectation of age raltive to the impression they gain from conversations?

I'd like to meet the eleven year old who used the phrase 'idealised notions' ...

Oh wait ; that was me

At this point let us allow the wisdom of Aristotle to intervene

"It is unbecoming for young men to utter maxims"

No comments: